Thursday, February 25, 2010

The First Romance I Ever Read

I had to be in 6th grade when I found Jennie Tremaine's Tilly in a box in my house. I was already reading the Silhouette First Love books for teenagers so I figured why not try this one. It was the beginning of a love affair with Jennie Tremaine's books (she's also Marion Chesney) and Regency romances in general.

I think it was the fact that Tilly was a tomboy that appealed to me at the time. I wasn't one, but she was the kind of girl that most people passed over. Of course when she made a good marriage it was one of convenience or so her Marquess thought.

It was a sort of Cinderella story and that appealed to a very young girl, just discovering romance. It definitely paved the way for many more similar books done the line. I have read almost all Marion Chesney's novels and I still have a love for novels set in the Regency period.

I still have a copy of this book. I may have to reread it to see if it still has the magic it did many years ago.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs